1) You were promised access to your UK pension either before age 55 or told you could receive more than 25% as a lump sum?
2) You were advised to invest your pension funds outside of mainstream funds and now find your assets have been frozen, suspended or possibly even worse.
3) You were advised to transfer your company pension to a QROPS without being made aware of the risks.
4) You were recommended to set up an expensive offshore trust or company to avoid having to make a declaration to the Spanish authorities on Modelo 720.
5) You were told your investments would be reviewed on a regular basis and yet your investments remain in the same funds and your adviser hasn’t bothered to contact you.
6) No written confirmation of entry fee or commissions has ever been provided despite this being a EU (MIFID) requirement.
7) You have been dealing with advisers who don’t have the necessary permissions to provide you with investment advice or have little or no industry experience.
8) You have discovered that your advisers were somehow connected to a network arrangement and it is difficult to establish who they are owned or regulated by.
9) You are not sure if your adviser carries professional indemnity insurance in case anything goes wrong.
10) You simply cannot locate your adviser, he no longer seems to be trading or has closed up shop and moved on.
These are just some of the scenarios we come across on a regular basis when we are meeting prospective clients at our tax and wealth clinics and you only have to look at expatriate message boards and forums to find a host of other similar issues where expats have fallen foul of bad investment or retirement planning advice. Whilst we are happy to help repair the damage as best we can sometimes this goes way beyond simply financial loss and can have an effect on relationships and even health.
Our message is very simple there is a different way and not all advisory firms are the same. If you want to avoid pain then you need to choose your financial adviser with care. If you want to work with a long established firm that is born out of Gibraltar’s oldest legal practice, that is customer focussed and in it for the long term, that will confirm costs and charges and provide a written suitability report when making any product recommendation then you need to consider Fiduciary Wealth. What you will get in return is a qualified personal adviser who will manage your account backed up by a team of specialists at our Gibraltar head office. Your adviser will be rewarded for maintaining a long term relationship with you and where and when appropriate will be recommending tried and tested products and investments from reputable investment houses.
To get on with your life and leave your financial affairs to the experts then call us now on +34 956796911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with your local adviser.